- This event has passed.
The ‘Crash’ Course – Survival After The Accident
January 21, 2016 @ 11:00 am - March 24, 2016 @ 12:00 pm$600.00
Have you survived a serious Motor Vehicle Collision?
Are you confused, exhausted, stressed, angry, depressed, or lost in the maze that has become your post-accident life?
Come and be with others survivors and learn about:
- coping techniques for emotions
- coping techniques for pain
- adjust to loss
- finding meaning and purpose
- getting to know yourself again – who am I now?
We will meet once a week for an hour. Each week we will do three things:
- Listen to a short presentation on a topic that is useful to know. Examples are ‘How pain medications work’, ‘Simplified brain anatomy’, etc.
- Learn about the grief process and how it applies to losing jobs, abilities and things.
- Work on a Recovery plan that includes coping strategies, recognizing new strengths and accepting our new realities.
There will be two therapists and one peer worker. All the participants in the group will agree to keep other peoples’ discussion confidential. There will be simple homework each week that will help you remember and use the ideas presented.
To attend our Survival After The Accident Motor Vehicle Collision event contact the event organizer, Karla Forgaard-Pullen.